Speak to a Compensation Lawyer
After suffering an injury at work, you may choose to seek legal advice from a personal injury lawyer (work injury lawyer). Accidents in the workplace are common and can range from minor incidents to major catastrophes. If you’ve suffered from any of these on the job injuries, seeking legal assistance can help you get on the road to recovery.
How to prepare
- you must notify your employer straight away, failure to file your claim on time could result in; denial of your claim, delays in its approval, your inability to return to work,
- see your GP and inform the GP of your workplace incident, and have the injury investigated further,
- request from your GP a ‘Workers Compensation Medical Certificate’ so you can directly lodge the ‘Application for Compensation’ with WorkCover Queensland,
- research different law firms locally and statewide, as it is not always necessary to have your lawyer in the same town.
Before meeting with any attorney it is recommended you...
- clearly understand what their fees and expenses are, even for the initial visit,
- find out about their No Win No Fee policy,
- compile a list of any questions you have regarding your claim,
- have a copy of the accident report and any other documentation regarding the accident including medical bills,
- collect recent copies of your wage payments
- bring any communications from the insurance company